Dr. Lina CHOW Kit-ling 周潔玲博士
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Ph.D. in Personal Social Services, University of Kent, Canterbury, United Kingdom
- Bachelor of Degree in Social Work, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Diploma in Social Work, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Registered Social Worker, Social Workers Registration Board
Areas of Interest
- Long-term Care for Older Adults, Family and Child Welfare
SW 210 Counselling Skills for Social Workers
- SW 340 Working with Older Adults
- Chow, L. (2021). “Care Homes and COVID-19 in Hong Kong: how the lessons from SARS were used to good effect”, Age and Ageing, Vol. 50, Issue 1, pp. 21-24.
- Chow, L. and Mawby, R.I. (2020). "CCTV and robbery in high-rise public housing in Hong Kong", Safer Communities, Vol. 19, Issue 3, pp. 119-130.
- Chow, L. (2011). Impact of Ageing Population in Hong Kong. Social Work Casebook. Hong Kong: Hong Kong Shue Yan University.
- International Conference on ‘Equality, Social Justice, and Law: New challenges of the transforming Asia’, Taiwan, Dec.15-18, 2017. - Financial Abuse of Older People in Hong Kong (Paper presentation)
- The 16th International Symposium of the World Society of Victimology, Hong Kong, June 12-13, 2018. - Victim-Victimizer Relationship: Financial Abuse of Older People in Hong Kong (Paper presentation)
- Reviewer for the Journal of Gerontological Social Work
- Reviewer for the Journal of Age and Ageing
- Reviewer for Journal of Advanced Nursing