Dr. Steve FONG Fu-fai 方富輝博士
Head of Department and Associate Professor of Practice
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Doctor of Social Work (HKPU)
- Master of Social Sciences (Mental Health) (HKU)
- Bachelor of Social Work (HKU)
- Registered Social Worker, Social Workers Registration Board
- Mentalization Based Treatment (Practitioner & Advanced Level)
Areas of Interest
- Social Service Management, Mental Health Practice, Violence and Mental Illness, Substance Abuse, Rehabilitation Service, Multidisciplinary Collaboration, Innovative Practice
- SW 100 Introduction to Philosophy of Social Welfare and Social Work
- SW 480 Social Service Management
- 2022: PI: Study on the Ageing of Persons in Recovery (Richmond Fellowship of Macau, $52,500)
- 2021: Project coordinator/ Co-PI: Smart Navigation Portal for Carers of Elderly (Hong Kong Jockey Club, $3,726,000)
- 2021: Co-PI: Supporting Informal Caregivers-Pioneering, Validating, Implementing and Evaluating a Chinese Caregiving Planning Model in Hong Kong (ITBG, $4,539,496)
- 2021: Co-PI: Preparing for the launching of Esports: An interdisciplinary and holistic perspective in prevention of teenage gaming addiction problem based on Bronfenbrenner’s Bioecological model in the era of Esports (RGC, $4,260,824)
- Co-opted Member, Committee on Qualification Recognition, Social Workers Registration Board (2022-present)
- Council Member of the Consortium of Institutes of Family in the Asian Region (CIFA) (2021-Present)
- Assessment Panel Member, Social Workers Registration Board (2021-2022)
- Convenor, Promotion Working Group, Mental Health Month 2021, Labor and Welfare Bureau, HKSAR (2021-2022)
- Convenor, District Working Group, Mental Health Month 2020, Labor and Welfare Bureau, HKSAR (2020-2021)
- Social Work Member, Mental Health Review Tribunal, Food and Health Bureau, HKSAR (2019-present)
- Life Member, Hong Kong Social Workers Association/ Committee Member, Current Welfare Issues Committee (2021-present)
- External Advisor, Higher Diploma in Social Work (FT & PT), Hong Kong College of Technology (2018-present)
- Honorary Consultant, Richmond Fellowship, Macau (2016-present)
- Convenor, Shatin District Social Inclusive Carnival, Social Welfare Department (2013-2016)
- 方富輝 (2019)「幻聽」與聽聲模式的介入策略。於楊劍雲(編)。社區精神健康服務和輔導工作—復元導向。香港：商務印書局。
- 羅恩‧科爾曼、邁克‧史密斯(2018)。與聲音同行II：從受害者到勝利者(方富輝，譯)。香港：P&P Press (原著第二版出版於2005年)
- 方富輝 (編) (2017)。緣途有你-精神復元個案匯編。澳門：澳門利民會。
- 方富輝 (2014) 自我分裂與自我整合：精神分裂個案的實踐與挑戰個案討論。於葉錦成(編)。自我分裂與自我整合：精神分裂個案的實踐與挑戰。北京：社會科學文獻出版社。
- Fong, F. F. (2014). Offending behaviors of person with schizophrenia. China Journal of Social Work, 7(1), 14-25.
- Fong, F. F. (2013). (Ed). Research Report-Offending Behaviors among People with Mental Illness in Hong Kong: A Service Review of the Psychiatric Halfway Houses of the Society of Rehabilitation and Crime Prevention, Hong Kong. Hong Kong: The Society of Rehabilitation and Crime Prevention, Hong Kong.
- Yau, C. Y., & Fong, F. F. (2013a). (Eds). Research Report-The Experience of Stigma of Halfway House Service Recipients of SRACP with a Diagnosis of Schizophrenia. Hong Kong: The Society of Rehabilitation and Crime Prevention, Hong Kong.
- Yau, C. Y., & Fong, F. F. (2013b). (Eds). Research Report-The Recovery Experience of Halfway House Service Recipients of SRACP with a Diagnosis of Schizophrenia. Hong Kong: The Society of Rehabilitation and Crime Prevention, Hong Kong.
- Fong, F. F. & Lam, C. W. (2007). The paternal involvement of Chinese drug abusers: an exploratory in Hong Kong. Journal of Social Work Practice in the Addictions, 7(3), 87-98
Conferences Attended and Papers Delivered
- Fong, F. F., Kwok, C. Y., & Leung, T. K. (June 2019). Social Work: A Helping Profession as an Emotional Labor, a Neglected Concept. Workshop held at The International Conference on Change and Innovation for a Better World: The Future of Social Work Profession, June 27-28, Hong Kong.
- Choi, K. K., & Fong, F. F. (June 2019). “By Your Side”- Family Support Pilot Project. Rehabilitation International Asia & Pacific Regional Conference, June 26-28, Macau.
- Fong, F. F. (May 2019). Making Succession Possible: The Experience of Fu Hong Society in Hong Kong. Paper presented at The Network for Social Work Management 30th Annual Conference, May 29-June 1, Chicago.
- Fong, F. F. (June 2018). Accountability and Transparency in NGOs. Paper presented at 2018 ARNOVA-Asia Conference, June 27-28, Hong Kong.
- Fong, F. F. & Chan, K. K. (December 2016). Voice hearing approach: localization and application in Hong Kong. Paper presented at 2016 Asia Mental Health Conference, December 2-3, Hong Kong.
- Fong, F. F. (November 2013). Violence and mental illness: a review of local literature. Paper presented at 2013 Asian Mental Health Conference, November 22, Hong Kong.
- International Social Work