Dr. Linda MOK Wai-kit 莫惠潔博士
Associate Head and Senior Lecturer
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Ph.D. University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Master of Philosophy, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Master of Social Work, York University of Toronto, Canada
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Diploma in Social Work, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Certified NLP Practitioner
- Advanced Training for Practice Teachers, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. School of Professional Education and Executive Development
- Basic Training for Practice Teachers, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. School of Professional Education and Executive Development
- Registered Social Worker, Social Workers Registration Board
Areas of Interest
- Elderly and Intergenerational Services, Immigrants Services, International Social Work, Multi-cultural Services, Social Work Education
- SW 351-2 Integrative Practice Seminar I & II
- Mok, W.K. (2016). Book Review: Shehui Gongzuo Shixi: Xuesheng Ziwo Xuexi Zhinan [Social Work Practice: Self-learning Guide for Students]. China Journal of Social Work. 9:1, 89 – 91.
- Mok, W.K. (2013). Becoming Competent International Social Workers: Learning Journeys of International Social Work Field Placement from Hong Kong Students. GSE Journal of Education, 1, 160 – 173.
- Chui, Raymond C. F., Tabitha Y. L. Ng, Sandra O. N. Cheung and Linda W. K. Mok. (2009). Parenting practice: a case study of the women in Tin Shui Wai District, Hong Kong. In Hong Kong Journal of Social Sciences, 36: 65-89.
- Chui, C. F. Ng, Y.L., Cheung, O.N. and Mok, W.K. (2009). A Study of the Parenting Practice of Women in Tin Shui Wai District. Hong Kong: Department of Social Work, Hong Kong Shue Yan University. (ISBN: 978-962-8719-72-3)
- 莫惠潔 (2002). 新移民老人處境 : 社會工作處理模式. 當今澳港兩地社會議題論文集–Contemporary Social Issues of Macao and Hong Kong, Macao Polytechnic Institute School of Public Administration–Social Work Program.
Conferences Attended and Papers Delivered
- International Conference on Change and Innovation for a Better World: The Future of Social Work Profession, Hong Kong, June 2019 - Developing a Three-tier Social Work Competence Framework through international social work field placements (Oral Presentation)
- International Conference of Discovery Innovation in Social Work Practicum Education, Hong Kong, May 2015 - a. The Impact of Learning from International Social Work Field Placements (ISWFP): Network to the Global & Practice in the Local (Oral Presentation) b. Culturally Diversified Model of Supervision: Teaching & Learning with International Social Work Field Placements (ISWFP) (Oral Presentation)
- Conference on Diversity 2013, Australia, June 2013 - International Social Work Field Placements of Hong Kong: Practice in a Diversified Cultural Context Makes a Different (Online Presentation)
- Global Summit on Education in 2013: Emerging Trends for Sustainability in Global Education, Opportunities and Challenges, Malaysia, March 2013 - Becoming Competent International Social Workers: Learning Journeys of International Social Work Field Placement from Hong Kong Students (Oral Presentation)
- The 8th World Congress on Long Term Care in Chinese Communities and Asian Ageing Development, Hong Kong, November 2011 - Handling the Challenging Behaviors of Elderly People with Dementia in Hong Kong: Exploration of a Holistic Care Approach (Oral Presentation)
- 2010 Joint World Conference on Social Work and Social Development, Hong Kong, June 2010 - The Value of a Holistic Care Approach to Creating Quality of Care for Elderly People with Dementia in Long Term Care Institutions in Hong Kong (Oral Presentation)
- 24th Conference of Alzheimer’s Disease International, Singapore, March 2009 - Handling Disturbed Behaviors in Older People with Dementia in Hong Kong: A Holistic Approach (Oral Presentation)
- Co-PI: Lee Kum Kee Family Foundation, $920,413 - An Evidence-based Study: Child-focused In-law Relationship Enhancement in Multi-generational Families. 2019-2022
- Co-I: Macao Social Welfare Department, MOP129,200 - A Research Study on Social Workers in Macao: Staff Burnout and Organizations Supervisions. 2019-2020
- The Hong Kong Journal of Social Work
- Asia Pacific Journal of Educators and Education